Midnight: Century of the Vampires

Thursday, May 1, 2014

Review from Fang-Freakin-Tastic


from Fang-Feakin-Tastic

I only reviewed the first of the 3 parts of Midnight: Century of the Vampire. My review is based only on that very first part. Forty three pages is a little difficult for me to get a complete view of the big picture, so please forgive me if I misunderstand anything that is going on.

This was a decent beginning to the 3 part story. I didn’t absolutely love it, but I didn’t necessarily dislike it. Midnight does have the potential to be a 5 star book as a collective, but my rating for ONLY this first part is three stars.

This was a good introduction to the characters and gave me good reason to want to continue reading the rest of the books. We are given a decent amount of back story to the characters, but not so much that there is nowhere for the author to build on from there. The main characters, Aura and Mark are survivors in this post-apocalyptic type world where the vampires rule. I am looking forward to see where else they go in their relationship. We are given hints into what exactly they have going on, but I’m not sure how much of their relationship is emotional verses just physically convenient.  I am very interested to see what we have to learn about Aura’s time before she met Mark that she spent with her friends, the Scientists.

I enjoyed the spin on the vampire creation myth and I think it does have potential to be something pretty awesome. It was very interesting to me how the vampires were created and how they have evolved from the beginning of their creation. This is definitely NOT your typical vampire book where the vampires are tormented creatures who just need the love of the right woman to bring them back from the edges of their monstrosity lol.

Giving this book a 3 star rating doesn’t mean I didn’t like it. It wasn’t a strong start to the collective, but it got it up off the ground and, in my opinion, was enough to get me reading the rest of the books. I would probably recommend that you buy all three books at once instead of piece by piece, so that you don’t have down time in between each section and lose the momentum that is going on near the end where things get exciting.


No comments:

Post a Comment

.

.